Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Brown Recluse BIte???







Well it has been an eventful month! It doesn't seem like it was just about a month ago that we left Utah with all that has been going on but it has been about that long. We got moved into our home and quickly found out that not only did we have cockroaches (that they told us didn't exist when we asked) but there are also Brown Recluse Spiders in our home. They are a spider that doesn't build a web but rather roams around looking for food at night and the bite is quite nasty. Savannah came to take a bath with me one night in the big jetted tub and I noticed a bite on her knee that didn't look like an ordinary bite so I told her to go have dad look at it since I was already in the tub. He came in saying I am not so worried about that as the one on the back of her leg (That I didn't see). Luckily we found them that night and they didn't go any longer. So we go see a dermatoligist tomorrow because they are not looking any better, actually worse than when I took these pictures yesterday. They have been treating her for a brown recluse bite but it isn't helping and now she is breaking out in sores all over her legs. She is quite worried about it and pretty sad to get her bandages ripped off twice a day to put the cream on.
I took Savannah back to the doctor today and what they thought originally to be "Just a spider Bite" is now being diagnosed as "definately a Brown Recluse Bite" so I am curious to see what the Dermatologist says tomorrow. We are quickly getting to meet more doctors than I would like to have to.

I keep telling her we will get her fixed up and she will be okay but for now we have the EXTERMINATOR -- SPIDER MAN coming to our home tomorrow to rid our residence of spiders and cockroaches and all other pesky bugs. We are so excited to see them, I can't even tell you!






We have captured 4 confirmed Brown Recluse Spiders in baby food jars and 2 have gotten away because they are so quick! We have quite a collection of other spiders too, all sitting on our counter waiting to show them to the Spider man tomorrow.






I'll keep you posted on Savannah's BITES!

1 comment: